Pages

Time to unclutter your life

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring is almost here. Literally. I always get in the mood to begin cleaning or getting rid of a lot of things that have accumulated over the year. I want to recycle paper (and I have plenty of it), I want to try and find a way to get rid of the other things I never use either. However I always find it difficult to get rid of those things that I no longer need, use or things that could be recycled to help reduce the clutter. And, I always want to find time to clean too. I like having a clean house when Spring comes in, it just feels right.

So, in the spirit of Spring cleaning, I've scoured the web and have found some really great articles on the topic of cleaning.

The first article I want to point out is great for figuring out if if you tend to unclutter your items or tend to clean more. Are you an Unclutterer or a cleaner? is a good place to start before you begin your Spring cleaning process.

The Minimalists Guide to Simple Housework is great because it gives several tips on how to clean quickly and easily. Daily cleanings, the article says is great because it makes tasks such as sweeping the floor an easier and not to mention quicker task. They also suggest meditating while doing certain chores to make them easier. Of course, it's moving meditation but it's still meditation none the less. Great way to clean and get in some quiet time all at once.

Since I'm a college student, and a freelance writer, I use my personal experiences to write some of my own articles on certain topics. Living in a dorm or a dorm setting for three years has helped me come to terms with how to clean and how to clean quickly. When Spring semester rolls around, you'll probably find your room cluttered with items from last semester that just haven't made it home yet. Not to mention, impending room inspections may weigh heavily on your mind. So, I bring you How To Clean Your Dorm Room in 10 Minutes or Less. I've also realized that by not cleaning daily, even for five minutes can make things a lot worse when it comes time to do a big clean out (and my home when I'm actually at home and not school, proves it).Save Time Cleaning by Cleaning Daily

I've definitely given you a lot to read today, so hopefully you'll become inspired to start cleaning. And let's hope it doesn't take as long this year as it usually does!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS