Pages

It feels good to organize

Friday, November 13, 2009

We've lived in this apartment since June and because we spent the summer working and I finished up my degree as well we've never really had the time to truly make this place our home. We've never had the chance to buy some nice shelves and other items to help us organize and it's driven me a tad mad. I've missed being able to keep things organized. I am a Virgo afterall.

So today after being treated out to a nice dinner after work; I made it a point to check out some bathroom organizers. We now have an over the door towel rack and an over the toilet shelf to keep the bathroom and other parts of the apartment organized.

We've started to clear out some of the clutter and hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to drop off the tons and tons of recycling that needs to be dropped off. I love the fact that we can recycle everything now. I feel much better about being able to recycle. At home we couldn't.

This is all important because we've made the decision to resign our lease for another year. I am looking forward to holding this place for one more year and being able to truly make our first place ours by adding our own touches and celebrating holidays and possibly entertaining.

I think one of my main goals for our home may be some sort of home altar. We share a table as it is with our own altars but I think a more 'home' altar may be in order. We'll see how things progress.

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS