Pages

Where's our Web Presence?

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I don't do it often, but when I do, I'm usually overcome with sadness. Here I am, going through my Pagan weblinks that I have saved on my computer and I'm noticing a very sad trend. Most of them are slowly disappearing. It always leaves me with sadness. What is happening to our presence on the web?

I can remember being a young teen and first stumbling upon Paganism and all of it's sects, there were plenty of wonderful places online to visit that were updated frequently. I could find lots of places online for young teens and young adults to connect where information was shared freely, updated often and everyone was made to feel welcome. Now, as a young adult, I don't feel I fit into the mold anywhere. The few places that are surviving have become pretty elitist. Information is rarely shared freely, they're rarely updated, and then they slowly disappear as if they never existed.

Does this disappoint and sadden anyone else? I keep hoping and wishing for a great website online for people to get information, to connect with each other, mostly one where people are of like mind, around my age, etc where information is shared, it's easily usable, accessible and isn't something that breaks the bank. What happened to all of that information?

If anyone has any weblinks to share of places that are still updated pretty regularly, I'd love to see them. I'm missing great connections here.

1 comment:

Pyroseverus said...

Hello! I just came across your blog and I think you are doing an excellent job with your information! It's hard to find what is correct information and what is not. This blog has everything one needs. Blessed Be!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS