Pages

Fire Safety-An Important life Skill

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I feel a bit strange writing this here but after today I'm reminded that it is important and that everyone in a home needs to be taught what to do if something arises.

When I awoke today, I smelled something strange and after investigating a bit more, I noticed that I saw smoke. When I opened my door, the hallway was filled with the smell of something burning and smoke, so was the rest of the house. My mother was still asleep and had no idea anything was going on. After frantically running around for a moment, I discovered where it was coming from, and thankfully, it was long out, but the place was filled with smoke.

I've had to go through fire safety training at work and that training has included how to use a fire extinguisher and what not. I think if possible, this would be a great family resolution for the new year. Even kids can learn how to use a fire extinguisher and it could be something that would save someone's life one day.

Also make it a point to go over your fire safety plan for your home. Come up with a meeting place in case something happens that is easily accessible but is far enough away from the house in case something happens. You may think it's strange but it's really never too late to be safe rather than sorry.

2 comments:

SpiritWings said...

That is a great idea for the new year. I hope that you all are ok..and aired out abit.

Willow said...

We're OK and aired out. Thankfully it took about an hour. We used some fans and opened our windows (thank goodness for a warm day).

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS