Pages

The New Year's clean up

Saturday, January 1, 2011

One thing that I've really hoped to work on for some time now was to work on cleaning out my home. I've been splitting my time between two homes. One where I'm from, where the majority of my stuff is and then one where I live when I work. The one where I live really needs a lot of help. My family are mostly pack rats, and since the passing of my grandmother, my grandfather isn't too keen on trying to get rid of things.

I personally have a lot of things that I can work on getting rid of. I have plenty of clothes that can stand being boxed up and donated. My room, although it doesn't contain a lot of things, really needs to be organized. I have stuff all over the place and have no room to really place anything other than what's already there. I can't really comfortably burn candles, incense or just do anything.

I took a few days off from work and I hopefully plan on organizing my room and seeing if I can gather anything together to donate. Also, I'd really like to clean out my car. It has a lot of things in there that really need to be gotten rid of. I personally keep the car rather clean but my partner has a tendency to shove things in there and leave them. I hate cleaning up other people's messes so I tend to leave them there. However I think I'll end up cleaning it out and next time, it's not my problem.

I always say I have plans when I get time off from work but I never get around to doing it. I really hope I can push myself to do it because it needs done. Of course, it's going to be a bit harder to organize my room because I now have a brand new 32 inch TV that I really didn't plan on acquiring. So that means more stuff is on my one dresser so it's more stuff to worry about moving around.

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS