Pages

The Flu Bug

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So I've been absent for a few days because I sadly became sick over the weekend. I had gone home on Friday so I could talk to my insurance company about my new insurance policy and to cancel my old one. As the evening wore on, I had a cough that continued to get worse. When I woke up on Saturday, I felt miserable. I was achey, coughing, stuffy nose, and I was pretty sure I had a fever. I handled my insurance policy and went home and went to bed.

I suffered for hours. I took fever reducers but it didn't seem like they actually helped any. I could barely get out of bed so I just managed to do what needed done in short bursts. I even tried drinking lots of chamomile tea to help with inflammation but no such luck. I came back to town on Sunday but my partner drove because I was still miserable.

I've been off of work since. My fever finally broke on Tuesday morning, and I went to the doctor yesterday evening because I have this cough that won't leave and I've got congestion in my lungs. So I'm on antibiotics, a cough medicine and one last day off from work. I return tomorrow. I'm both glad and not interested. I'm bored but I know I'll probably be exhausted because I've been so miserable at night, I can't stop coughing enough to fall asleep.

In other news, the weather has been rather nice lately. It's almost 60 degress here right now. It's not sunny or anything, it's actually quite cloudy, but it's refreshing. I have a window open in hopes to help air this place out a bit. I can hear birds chirping. I heard birds chirping this morning when I woke up. I'm ready for Spring. I can't wait until all of these crazy winter illnesses are gone and I can stop getting sick!

1 comment:

Heathen said...

The flu going around this season is just nasty. Sorry to hear you caught it and I hope you feel better soon!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS