Pages

A Fruit Dip Recipe

Sunday, February 20, 2011

We went shopping at Aldi's yesterday evening and we came  back with a fresh pineapple. We don't get them often because they're usually pretty expensive but Aldi's has stuff considerably cheaper so we ended up coming back with a pineapple. We ate some of the fruit last night after dinner.  After I had already eaten my pineapple, I thought man I'd really like to have some fruit dip to eat with this but I never got any. 
This dip is divine and tastes great with summer fruit. It's very cooling, but delicious all at the same time. You'll need:
1 sm. container of cream cheese
1 sm. jar of marshmallow cream
Almond extract

Soften the cream cheese and mix the cream cheese and marshmallow cream together. Then add your almond extract. You'll only need a few drops of this. It's best to taste as you go to make sure it doesn't become over powering. Then serve with your favorite fruit! My favorites are strawberries and pineapple.

3 comments:

Heathen said...

This sounds yummy! Perfect for Summer.

Erin said...

When I was making it for us this evening I couldn't stop tasting it. It's too yummy! Willow almost smacked my fingers for trying it.

Dark Mother said...

This DOES sound perfect for Summer. What a great addition to a Litha menu, mmmmmmmmmmmm, you had me at marshmallow.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS