Pages

Planning our Garden

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My partner and I live in an apartment. And it's a small apartment. We don't have a balcony, we have a sidewalk, a walkway behind our building of which we have to share with the tennants at the other end of the building. So far, each set of tennats that have moved in have been pretty good so we haven't had to worry about much but we still have to make sure there is plenty of room on our walkway so we can walk and so others can walk.

We've grown tomatoes and peppers kind of successfully the past two years but I personally would like to get more yield from our plants. We're solely container gardener's so it's hard to grow a lot of successful plants that way. However, I discovered container varities of vegetable seeds from Burpee Seeds and I think I'm going to place an order. I've heard some pretty grand things about their container seed varities so I think I'm going to put in a seed order here soon so we can be ready to start them when it's about the right time. I'm excited. I'm not much of a gardener. However I'm definitely looking to save money on vegetables.

I just got a new car and my insurance is going to skyrocket compared to what I normally pay so I'm really interested in trying to save money. We tend to eat a lot of vegetables and they're so expensive. So I'm hoping that I can successfully grow some great things. I think I'll document the journey of growing these patio vegetables at some point. I haven't decided when I'm going to place my order but I think it will be quite soon. I want to get everything and start looking into everything so I can make this a pretty successful growing season.

Have any of you started planning your garden's yet? Anyone else out there container gardener's? Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up

2 comments:

BoondockWitch said...

I love love love that book! i have a copy and i read it after each imbloc. it makes me glimmer with the hopes of early spring and gets me excited about planting again for a new year. even if it is windowsill planters

Willow said...

Thats a book I wouldn't mind owning actually. I need to get myself a copy of it!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS